A Rewarding Career
Machinery Northwest Co. specializes in all makes and models of heavy equipment and adjacent accessories in the mining and construction industries from some of the most prominent players in the industry, like Sandvik, Atlas Copco, Yamamoto, Furukawa, and PowerKing. Although exceptionally skilled in hydraulic hammer repair, electrical system maintenance and repair, and dealing with hydraulic systems, the Northwest Machinery Co. team has no job too big or complex.
We are looking to welcome a Parts Assistant to our team. The role of the Parts Assistant is to handle everything from interfacing with service technicians to managing our extensive inventory of heavy equipment parts. If you are a well-rounded, knowledgeable and organized Parts Assistant who is enthusiastic about owning inventory management, parts operations, and orders, we'd love to chat.
This role is responsible for:
- Ensuring that replacement parts inventory is maintained at an appropriate level
- Increasing service department efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Tracking parts budgets to ensure a profit
- Managing the parts inventory levels closely for repair and sales needs without delay based on projected demand and matching cost targets
- Leveraging the inventory control systems to record and track part sales and repair work
- Tracking records for parts warranties
- Assisting with promotions, as needed, to increase parts sales
- Ordering parts that meet the cost and quality standards of the parts department, dealership, and vehicle manufacturers
- Employing strong negotiation and communication skills to secure the most competitive price for replacement parts that can yield a profitable ROI when used for repairs or retail sales
Requirements for this position include:
- Past experience preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- In-depth comprehension of heavy-duty equipment and parts.
- Knowledge of how inventory systems and/or accounting experience is a plus.
- Computer literate.
- Possess strong organization, negotiation and communication skills.
- A self-starter with initiative and a proven willingness to assume ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly and independently.
- Promotion of company goals by supporting and implementing changes is imperative.
🗓️ Full-Time, Mon-Fri 7am - 4pm or 8 am-5 pm (flexible)
❤️🩹 Health Insurance
💵 Paid Time Off
🧰 Paid Training
⚖️ Work/Life Balance
Salary: $18.00 - $24.00/hr
Interested applicants should send their resumes to: email@example.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.